Jury of Prix Mémorial de Caen [ International Jury ]
Carolin Ollivier joined ARTE in 2007. She worked for ARTE Journal as a writer, reporter, presenter, correspondent in Brussels and since 2014 as editor-in-chief. ARTE Journal is distinguished by a look towards Europe and the international and a human approach of the major political subjects.
Pascal Lemaitre is a freelance author and illustrator based in Belgium. His editorial work has appeared in The New Yorker, The New York Times, Le Monde, Libération, Le 1, Lacroix, Astrapi, J’aime Lire, Pom d’Api and Dorémi , among many other publications. Pascal’s illustrations for children and adult books can be found in the catalogs of many American, Belgian and French editors such as L’École des Loisirs/Pastel, L’Aube, Simon & Schuster, Scholastic, and Penguin Books.
He has had the enormous privilege of working with authors Toni and Slade Morrison, Stéphane Hessel, Edgar Morin, Boris Cyrulnik, Jean-Claude Ameisen, Pierre Rahbi and Rascal. In 2015, the museum Tomi Ungerer curated an exhibit titled “Tomi Ungerer invites Pascal Lemaitre”, featuring Pascal’s children books’ illustrations. Among them, The Book of Mean People by Toni and Slade Morrison prompted legendary illustrator and author Bill Steig to exclaim: “These drawings are wonderful, and you can quote me!”
Kianoush’s editorial cartoons appears regularly in “Courrier International” French magazine and other national and International media in France and other countries like “Arte”, etc.
Artist and activist in exile, he is living and working in Paris since 2009.
Kianoush Ramezani observes society, educational system and other art fields like short films and video arts, He has been jury member of Interfilm Berlin [International short film festival] in 2015 and 2016.
he gives educational lectures in the colleges and universities since 2010. he chose “Cartooning: The Art of Danger” for his TEDx talk in 2014, months before Charlie Hebdo’s terrorist attack.
He is curating and directing International cartoon expos since 2011 in Europe [ France, Sweden, Germany etc. ]
KIANOUSH is the founder and President of the “United Sketches” International organization supporting freedom of expression and Cartoonists in Exile.
Chief Executive Officer of the Caen Memorial since October 2005
– CEO of the Caen Memorial, the Arromanches 360 ° Circular Cinema and the Civilians in Wartime Memorial in Falaise
– Consultant for the creation of the Civilians in Wartime Memorial in Falaise; Design of the Bitola Museum (Macedonia)
– Author and curator of several international exhibitions, including “Where were you on September 11, 2001? “Surviving: Children in the Holocaust”, “Humanizing the war? (For 100 years of the ICRC), “Murderous designs or antisemitic corrosion”
– Former Director of the Historial of the Great War of Péronne.
– Member co-founder of the transdisciplinary program “Memory and memorialization “: CNRS, Caen Memorial, Fondation 9/11, New York University, which led to excellence equipment
– Elected member of the scientific council of the “Yahad – In Unum” Foundation, the Berlin Allied Museum, the Mémoires Institute of Contemporary Publishing and the Caen Memorial
– Member of the Board of Directors of Tempora (Brussels)
– Consultant for the Basse-Normandie Region on the inscription of “plages du Débarquement” at the World Heritage of Humanity
Master of Laws in Paris 1
Born in 1955 in Caen. Professor of the History, municipal Councillor, Delegate to Memory, Vice president of the Memorial of Caen.
Jury of Prix Siné:
Catherine Sinet, Yan Lindingre, François Forcadell, Nadia Khiari (Willis from Tunis), Dominique Tricaud, Philippe Geluck, Charline Vanhoenacker